Disable tempo for a project

Kathrine Lauritzen August 24, 2014

We are using tempo for logging time in some of our projects in Jira. For other projects however, we are not interested in logging the time using tempo (or at all). Can I disable tempo for specific projects in Jira, but not for others? If so, how?

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 24, 2014

Hi Katherine,

it is not possible to disable Tempo for specific Projects in JIRA but you can control who can log work through the "Work on Issue" Project permission. (This will affect logging work both in JIRA and Tempo)
With this, users will not see the Tempo section and the Log work link in the Issue view. When logging work in Timesheet view, they get an error that they do not have permission to log work on the Issue.

Kind regards,

Susanne

danna deaton March 18, 2019

That worked until we upgraded to Tempo 9.3.  Now it shows:

THERE ARE NO PLANS FOR YOU TO SEE FOR THIS ISSUE.

No plans have been created for this issue.

and has a button called Plan Time.

Why on earth would they have Plan Time show up for a project that doesn't log time?  And no, we do not have the Tempo Planner Add-on.

Any ideas?  I cannot find anything.

Like # people like this
IT Administration April 9, 2019

Same here - when will this be fixed?

Thanks for an info.

Like Daniel Carper likes this
Thomas October 25, 2019

Hi @Susanne Götz [Tempo] , @Susanne Götz [T1

Same here - when will this be fixed?

Users are quite annoyed by the Tempo-Section that makes more scrolling necessary an doesn´t work at all as Logging of Work has been disabled but "Plan your time" still shows up.

Please fix soon.

Kind regards,
Thomas

laurahbantug December 11, 2019

Any update on this or workaround?  I am no longer able to fully remove the Tempo panel from tickets just by removing permission with the upgrade.  Thanks!

Pouján (Jiralísta) March 22, 2021

Are you "Gathering Impact" Tempo?!

Michiel Schuijer May 31, 2021

I agree and also would like to get rid of the auto-expanded section and if it does need to be there at least collapse it by default for projects not using it.

However, this location is not Tempo's support page, so maybe better post your feedback there:

https://tempo-io.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/6

or

https://www.tempo.io/idea-portal

0 votes
Kathrine Lauritzen August 24, 2014

Excellent - That worked:)

Suggest an answer