Disable request creation on JSD by hitting "Enter"

Kyrylo Skuibida March 11, 2019

Hello community,

I've created a form on the Service Desk portal with 3 fields: Summary, User Affected (user picker type) and Description. All of them are optional (and they need to be optional).

When I type something in the user picker field I get auto-complete: i.e. type Mar... and you get Markus

And when I hit enter to auto-complete my search --> I get my request created instead without filling in Description form. 

Is it possible to disable ticket creation by hitting "Enter"?

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Payne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 11, 2019

Are you running server or cloud? I tried it in my server instance, and in Chrome, FF, IE, and Edge (on Windows), none exhibit the behavior that you describe. In the user picker field, I start typing, am offered suggestions, press Enter on my desired choice, and that selects the user. If I happen to press Enter again, it simply re-displays the user picker interface. The form does not submit.

Kyrylo Skuibida March 11, 2019

I'm running Server Jira + Service Desk instance.

I have this weird behavior from time to time. Not each and every ticket creation. 

@Payne thanks for the quick turnaround and checking.

I guess it might be one of our plugins that cause this issue.

I'll check with our vendors.

Kim Tso April 27, 2020

I have a similar question.

If I hit enter in textbox field, it will create the request immediately. 
Can I disable this behavior?

Like Natalie Hahn likes this
Tien Nguyen March 10, 2022

Did you guys find out how to disable this?

0 votes
Beatport Admin May 18, 2020

Using Cloud, these are my findings:

When a user is filling out the summary field (or whatever you title your required ticket name), and they hit enter while the cursor is in this field: it will automatically submit ticket.

If a user is filling out a Description field (or whatever you title your multi-line form), and they hit the enter this will simply give a line break, like its supposed to.

I can not find any setting in Jira that would disregard the 'Enter' button input as a submit command.  I have to say this is pretty shitty UX for my customers, in that regard.  I shouldn't have to put a disclaimer at the top of my form telling the end-user to not hit the enter button....

Jay Rajaram August 2, 2021

we are experiencing similar issues - it is a huge inconvenience,user experience wise - any workarounds or solutions identified? please assist

Tien Nguyen March 10, 2022

Same issue, anybody get some help from Atlassian?

Suggest an answer