Disable removing issue links after it was closed

Aron Felberbaum March 23, 2016

I would like to disable removing issue links after the issue was closed while allowing to link issue in close transition.

I was able to figure out on how to disable removing issue links after an issue was closed and is in the closed status by using workflow properties jira.permission.link.group.1=some-group.

However this will restrict from linking an issue while transitioned to close status, seems the permission is applied to destination status not the source status.

Any workaround for this?

1 answer

1 vote
Elifcan Cakmak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 23, 2016

hi,

if you want to disable "removing" issue links then your property should be something like this: jira.permission.link.delete.group.1=some-group. yours restrict linking to a group.

also you should add this to your "closed" status.

Aron Felberbaum March 23, 2016

jira.permission.link.delete.group.1=some-group is not valid, getting the following error:

java.lang.RuntimeException: Unknown type 'delete' in meta attribute 'jira.permission.link.delete.group.1'. Valid permission types are defined in permission-types.xml

Elifcan Cakmak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 23, 2016

i'm not sure but since it says "Valid permission types are defined in permission-types.xml" you can try to add it to your permission-types.xml file which is in your ~/atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes folder.

also this question may be helpful, too:

jira permission to unlink issues

Fabio Manzoni May 12, 2022

Hi @Elifcan Cakmak

I tried to use this configuration, but jira shows this message error.

"Error rendering 'com.atlassian.jira.jira-view-issue-plugin:linkingmodule'. Please contact Jira administrators."

Can you help me with some guindance?

Thanks, 

Fabio 

Suggest an answer