Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Disable removing issue links after it was closed

I would like to disable removing issue links after the issue was closed while allowing to link issue in close transition.

I was able to figure out on how to disable removing issue links after an issue was closed and is in the closed status by using workflow properties jira.permission.link.group.1=some-group.

However this will restrict from linking an issue while transitioned to close status, seems the permission is applied to destination status not the source status.

Any workaround for this?

1 answer

hi,

if you want to disable "removing" issue links then your property should be something like this: jira.permission.link.delete.group.1=some-group. yours restrict linking to a group.

also you should add this to your "closed" status.

jira.permission.link.delete.group.1=some-group is not valid, getting the following error:

java.lang.RuntimeException: Unknown type 'delete' in meta attribute 'jira.permission.link.delete.group.1'. Valid permission types are defined in permission-types.xml

i'm not sure but since it says "Valid permission types are defined in permission-types.xml" you can try to add it to your permission-types.xml file which is in your ~/atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes folder.

also this question may be helpful, too:

jira permission to unlink issues

Hi @Elifcan Cakmak

I tried to use this configuration, but jira shows this message error.

"Error rendering 'com.atlassian.jira.jira-view-issue-plugin:linkingmodule'. Please contact Jira administrators."

Can you help me with some guindance?

Thanks, 

Fabio 

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you