Disable "Raising requests on behalf of customers" option

Katya Godneva June 27, 2017

Good day to everyone,

I am somewhat new to JIRA and need to get things working real quick.

How do I disable option "Raising requests on behalf of customers"? for my customers?

I really don't want them )))

thanks in advance!

5 answers

1 accepted

13 votes
Answer accepted
Gregory Kneller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 20, 2018

Revoke permission "Modify reporter" from "Service desk customers - portal access" in the project permission scheme

Nbe August 30, 2018

2018-08-30: Hi Gregory, Thank you for you tipp: this worked! Removing the field "Reporter" from the mask make NO difference.

Caveats: as an Administrator, You may want to keep the permission to change the reporter so yourself will always see the field "Raising requests on behalf of customers" on the mask.

Like # people like this
John Price
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 15, 2018

This worked for me as well.  Thanks!

Deleted user January 22, 2019

Ditto. 

1. Project Settings

2. Permission Schemes

3. Edit 'Modify Reporter'

4. Select Admin or whoever. 

Test Service Desk portal by a Incognito browser to test. Works well. Thanks all

Like # people like this
Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 9, 2019

Hi,

can anyone say how dept name will appear by default in the customer portal? if any user tries to make request?

Like Imdad Kottapparamban likes this
hadrianf November 27, 2019

We want the Modify Reporter field to be enabled on some request types, but not on others. Is there a way to set this granularly, or is it only possible as a per-project setting?

Gregory Kneller November 27, 2019

Only per project

Like Callum Carlile likes this
Burak Alparslan April 1, 2022

Hey,

I just revoke the 'Modify Requester' permission from the project permissions scheme but the field still appears on our request forms. I followed all instructions that were shared in the thread but cannot fix it. So am I missing something, is there anything else that affects the field? 

Like Tim Brown likes this
1 vote
Dagmara_Rosińska March 6, 2018

Hey! How can I remove the Reporter field from the customer portal?

Tim Patrick March 6, 2018

You cant. 

The "Raise this request on behalf of" field is standard and cannot be removed.

When logging a new ticket, the system will need to recognise who the user is, and also who they could raise a ticket on behalf of depending on which organisation they are part of.

this field can be very useful when using add-ons such as insight where the system recognises the user, and then populates fields such as which company they are raising it from, which products they are raising tickets about, an any relational data in insight that you would like to make visible to them. It also helps when using insight as they may be part of multiple sites so they can then use this relational data to select a specific option.

Földes László July 23, 2018

You suggested to remove Reporter from the customer portal, then you state it cannot be removed. Which one wins?

Like # people like this
Nani May 17, 2019

@Tim Patrick Can I modify the name from "Raise this request on behalf of" to "Request Originator" ?

Like # people like this
Sanga Singh October 29, 2019

Hi @Nani ,

"Can we modify the message Raise this request on behalf of?"

Were you able to fix this?

0 votes
srikanth duggineni January 21, 2020

Instead of modifying permission scheme, i want to restrict the browsing other customer from 'Raise this request on behalf of" field. 

I had revoked the Browse user access from the Global permissions, but still user is able to browser other customers.

Is there a way ?

Gregory Kneller
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 21, 2020

No

0 votes
Jason Byrd November 9, 2018

We don't mind the field, but hate the share with company selection at the bottom of the ticket. Is there a way to remove it?

Gregory Kneller
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 21, 2020

Yes. Don't use organisations

0 votes
Tim Patrick June 27, 2017

if you are looking to stop clients raising tickets on behalf of other clients (or other users within the same client), just remove the Reporter field from the customer portal.

Katya Godneva July 26, 2017

Thanks!) That worked beautifully

Gabriel Fuentes
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 2, 2024

@Tim Patrick  @Katya Godneva  do you have screenshot on this one for step by step process i tried this instruction above did not work on my end thanks

Suggest an answer