Disable "Configure Fields" option from create issue screen in JIRA 6.1.5

Tukaram Bhukya [L&T INFOTECH] June 15, 2014

Hi All,

Please some one could help me to disable "Configure Fields" option from create issue screen in JIRA 6.1.5

1 answer

0 votes
Matheus Fernandes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 15, 2014

Tukaram,

We have a KB article that should help with this, please see: How to Hide the "Configure Fields" Button on the Create Issue Screen.

Please note though that by doing so you'll simply remove the button, so any user who had already configured the fields will end up only seeing the fields previously configured. Therefore, I've tested this locally, and you should be able to force all users to see "All" fields with the following update in the database:

UPDATE propertynumber SET propertyvalue = 0 WHERE id in (SELECT id FROM propertyentry WHERE entity_name = 'ApplicationUser' AND (property_key = 'jira.quick.create.use' or property_key = 'jira.quick.edit.use'));

For those on JIRA 5 that wish to follow this, the query above won't work, so try using this instead:

UPDATE propertynumber SET propertyvalue = 0 WHERE id in (SELECT id FROM propertyentry WHERE entity_name = 'ExternalEntity' AND (property_key = 'jira.quick.create.use' or property_key = 'jira.quick.edit.use'));

Please remember to create a backup and shutdown JIRA before applying this update, and restart JIRA afterwards.

Let me know if this helps. :)

Suggest an answer