Disable notification if a comment was created

Hi,

is it possible to disable the notification to other watchers of an issue per user?

Problem is:

We have created a specific user for our CI Server. This user posts a comment on every issue, which will be solved with this build.

For example:

Integrated in (Buildno)
Merged revision(s) 26519 from branches/Release_xy:
"Comment"
JIRA-IssueNo

(Revision xy)

Result = SUCCESS

example END

Now I want to avoid, that every watcher of that issue everytime gets a mail while this user automatically posts a comment.

Any comments?

2 answers

0 vote

No.  Either you send mail on comments, or you do not.  It doesn't matter where the comment comes from.

In other words, you're going to need to find/write a plugin to provide this filtering.

Looks like we are using the same CI plugin. I'm in the same situation as you. The comments are great for QA, but not the other watchers (even the ceck-in developer gets the mail). If you found a solution, would be nice to get informed.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Monday in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

689 views 6 13
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you