Disable notifcation sent out after sprint is closed

Gabriel König April 27, 2021

I know that since 7 years users are asking for the functionality to disable notifications that are sent out when a sprint is closed as the sprint field value changed. (see https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWSERVER-9806 and https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWSERVER-10797) 

Since Atlassian seems unwilling to change anything about this annoying feature, I'd like to find a workaround. Any ideas?

Which event is triggered when the sprint field value is changed? (Where do I find a list of sources that lead to a specific event?). 

Is it a Generic Event, Issue Moved or Issue Updated? 

Or are there any other possibilities to disable that after every sprint closure hundreds of mails are sent around? 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kevin Johnson
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2021

Hi @Gabriel König ,

As it fires the Issue updated event disabling that will also stop other updates regarding that issue. Unfortunately, as the feature is not fully developed and notification scheme is provided by Jira there's no workaround.

Regards,

Kevin.

Gabriel König April 27, 2021

Dear Kevin
Thanks for your answer. So I am considering to disable the update event for some users. Where can I look up, what changes will generate such an update event? It is not clear to me, as for example when the issue is moved, commented this is also an update, but has a separate event.... I would like to know what the consequences are of disabling the update event. 
Regards
Gabriel

Like Kevin Johnson likes this
Kevin Johnson
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2021

@Gabriel König "Issue Updated" covers all issues which have had their details changed that includes Editing an issue, changing the summary, deleting a comment, attaching files to the issue, linking an issue, etc.

On disabling this all these updates will be stopped.

Regards,

Kevin.

Gabriel König April 28, 2021

@Kevin Johnson 
Do I found somewhere an overview of the detailed event triggers? Or do I need to know from the naming in Systems/Events what is meant? 

Screenshot 2021-04-28 141515.jpg

For example, if the assignee changed, is this an issue update or an the issue assigned event triggered? Another example, what is everything in the "generic event" handled?
Regards

Gabriel

Like Kevin Johnson likes this
Kevin Johnson
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 29, 2021

Here is a link to the details of all even in the notification. Link: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/creating-a-notification-scheme-938847330.html 

As far as I have known the issue updated event includes everything, every small change in details of an issue.

Hope this helps.

-Kevin.

Suggest an answer