Disable jelly service on server

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 17, 2014

Hi,

how to disable a service for jelly script on the server (without loggin into jira ), i have disabled jelly runner in startup parameters but it stills tries to run the service which executes jelly script which is causing the jira in a deadlock like situation.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 17, 2014

Turn the service off first, then disable the runner.

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 17, 2014

" turn the service off first" ? i can't find a way to do that without loggin in

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 17, 2014

Oh, sorry, yes. I just assumed you wanted to stop the service, which you usually do in the UI. So I was thinking you log in and stop it and delete it, then restart after changing the startup parameters.

I think you need to expunge the service from the database!

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 17, 2014

i think Atlassian should have some config files for services ...it's very cumbersome to do it from DB

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 17, 2014

Ugh, no, they've been really good at keeping config-by-filesystem to a minimum - it's a pain in the neck having to build a system when you've got a mix of file system and database settings.

Anyway, what exactly is the problem with this service? Why is it looping on startup? How have you configured it? (I'm asking that because I've managed to create loops and fix them by assorted sneakiness outsied the database)

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 17, 2014

It was a crazy issue, the service was tryin' to execute a jelly script and the whole jira startup was getting stuck because of the jelly script, turns out that there was problem in the Single Sign on (firewall issue) which caused the credentials in the jelly script unable to log-in and thus the whole startup was stuck but now it's fixed (phew!), anyways how to remove service from DB? where can i have a look can schema info of services?

Suggest an answer