Disable/hide the commits tab in the activity section of the issue page in jira

iowa android September 24, 2013

Is there a way to disable/hide the commits tab in the activity section of the jira issue page for all the projects and for all the users? Please let me know. Immediate/quick help would be appreciated, thank you.

5 answers

1 accepted

6 votes
Answer accepted
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2013

Can you try the steps below?

1. Navigate to Manage Add-ons
  2. Switch to system plugins
  3. Look for DVCS plugin
  4. Disable the DVCS plugin
  5. Verify the commit tab is gon

i copied this answer from following question :)

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/201627/commits-vs-source-tab

2 votes
Theinvisibleman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 24, 2013

Hi Iowa,

You might want to check in your Project Permissions for the 'View Issue Source Tab' permission, which allows users to view source commits for an issue. If the users don't have that permission, they shouldn't be able to view it.

For more details, please have a look at this documentation - Managing Project Permissions

1 vote
Zul NS _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 24, 2013

Probably you can check the module for the plugin to find a module used for the commits tab in the Issue view page. As for the DVCS plugin, you might find the workaround in https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-34987 helpful

0 votes
iowa android September 24, 2013

@Zulfadli, i didnt know that the commits tab popped up from DVCS plugin. Since its a free plugin, i will look to tinker with the code, to disable the commits tab.

Thank you all for helping me out. Really glad. :)

0 votes
MichałS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2013

Hi probably a custom plugin will help but I'm not sure if there exist one for that.

Suggest an answer