Disable customer notifications for a single service desk

Crown_Admin February 16, 2016

Hey, so we want Customers to get notifications like normal on our service desks, but there's one service desk in particular that we'd like to send no customer notifications at all, as it's kind of a "dump the ticket there and forget about it" kind of thing. Is there any way to disabled the notifications for just a single service desk? It's kind of irritating to me that a lot of stuff in JIRA is very restrictive on how you're allowed to customize it, out of the box anyway.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Crown_Admin April 7, 2016

Unfortunately this issue had no solution I was satisfied with. Currently there is no easy way to do this, and the workaround won't work depending on your version.

1 vote
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 16, 2016

What JIRA/JIRASD version do you have? For each JIRA Project, notifications are being controlled by its "Notification Scheme". You just have to create a notification scheme that does not send anything at all and associate it to that project. 

P.S. On the contrary, I believe that one of the power and selling point of JIRA is it's ability for customization smile

Crown_Admin February 16, 2016

I've done that actually, but according to what we're seeing as far as notifications as well as this article, apparently the notification scheme does not affect Service Desk notifications that are sent to customers that have submitted issues. It affects regular JIRA users and the like, but apparently the customer notifications are a different story. That's what I'm looking to disable for this project.

Chris Naurois August 7, 2016

This may be late, but we were having the same issue. This was helpful, but we only had a single SD project: 

Disable service desk notifications in all projects

System-level notifications control how all the service desk projects in your instance notify customers. If you want to stop sending your customers service desk notifications, go to  > Applications > JIRA Service Desk Configuration.

When notifications are disabled:

• Agents receive notifications as part of the JIRA notification scheme.
  • Customers will only receive notifications if they are working on an issue in a public project.

Additionally, there may be a way described in the documentation, which would involve opt-out of the customers - Provided it can be done in bulk for past issues and by default on the new issues/tickets?

https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/managing-service-desk-notifications-732528936.html

0 votes
Tim Eddelbüttel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 17, 2016

Depending on you Service Desk version the SQL workarround will help you: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD-72

Crown_Admin February 19, 2016

Mine's likely too recent, we just updated recently. sad

Suggest an answer