Disable activity stream for projects based on project category?

In our JIRA 5.x we had disabled activity stream display in certain projects based on this finding:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/31276

Now for JIRA 6.x this does not work any more since scripting has been widely disabled. Is there any way to achieve the same result?

Support hinted at "To apply a script that affect the global system, you may place the script in Announcement Banner", but I need more details on how to do that. Anyone out there who did it already?

Dirk

1 answer

The Activity Stream can be configured for certain filters only like "Project = ABC". Are you seeing otherwise?

Thanks for your answer, I know about the filters. Problem is we would have to add hundreds of projects manually (regular expression or else cannot be used).

Even more severe problem is we have to adher to German data protection laws, and filtering the projects as an optional action is not sufficient - it has to be mandatory (enforced).

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Jira

5 ways you can make the most of Jira Software and Bitbucket Cloud

As part of the Bitbucket product team I'm always interested in better understanding what kind of impact the use of our tools have on the way you work. In a recent study we conducted of software devel...

46 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you