Disable ability to update priority

Stephane Renou December 4, 2011

Hello,

I would like to disable the ability to the developpers to update the priority of an issue. I could not find a way to do that in Jira.

Thanks

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
MinC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2011

Probably you can check out the features provided by this plugin as it seems this might what you need: Field Security Plugin for JIRA

1 vote
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2011

You might also want to look at workflow operations! If you create a workflow operation to update priority (only priority will be on the workflow transition screen!), you can then limit it to individuals , groups or project roles using workflow conditions.

So I guess this means creating a transition for each state where I want to be able to change the priority, and limit this usage to only the people that should be able to do it. Then the default screen would not show anymore the field. I guess this would make the trick, thanks

0 votes
Hugh Prior
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 4, 2011

Since you can define whatever screens you want, I would think you could just define custom screen(s) without the field for any screen where the user can currently change it and you don't want it changed.

You might also take a look at using a Field Configuration which hides the field.

Thanks, my concern is that I want some users to be able to change priority but not all of them, and I was not seeing how to assign custom screens to only specific people. I guess I would need to go with the plugin solution.

Suggest an answer