Disable Service Desk for existing project

Rachel Grimmelmann April 22, 2015

Hello,

I have a Service Desk currently associated with an existing project.  I believe it was associated using the following functionality, although I wasn't the person who did this initially, so not positive.

Service Desk Project.png

The problem is that any internal development tickets created for the project show up on the Service Desk board, even if they aren't service desk tickets logged by clients.  Also, I see the following error message:Service Desk Error.png

Is there a way I can disassociate or disable the Service Desk for this project?  I don't want the Project to disappear, just the Service Desk.

Thanks,

Rachel

3 answers

0 votes
Deleted user January 26, 2016

This does not exist anymore

0 votes
Rachel Grimmelmann April 22, 2015

Hi Nicolas,

Thanks.  One quick question, do you recommend that we create separate Service Desks not associated with projects or that each Project have its own enabled Service Desk?  What are the advantages/disadvantages of each?

Thanks!

Rachel

Nicolas Bourdages
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2015

You can't create a service desk not associated with a project. Where would your issues go? They need a workflow, screens, fields, permissions, and all that can only be setup in a project. If you have several different kinds of requests, you can manage them all through the same service desk, in the same project, using a different Issue Type for each. In our own implementation, we have Bugs coming from 2 different applications (we have a custom field for users to pick which application this bug comes from), requests for application A, and Suggestions for application B. All of these 3 seperate issue types have their own workflow and screen schemes, so it's easy for us to differentiate them, even though they're in the same project. It makes sense for us to have it all in the same project because the team handling the tickets is the same in all cases. So basically, if both of your projects and handled by the same team, you can merge them and use components/custom fields/issue types to tell the tickets apart. If different teams are involved, or if your users are still a bit shaky with filters, it might be better to use 2 separate projects and desks.

0 votes
Nicolas Bourdages
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 22, 2015

Go in the project's Administration screen. On the left side menu, one of the last sections will be Service Desk. You can disable the desk from there.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/SDKB/How+to+remove+or+disable+a+Service+Des

Suggest an answer