Disable 'Move' option from 'More Actions' menu

prakash ganeshan February 23, 2014

Only in all the closed tickets, I would like to disable 'Move' option from 'More Actions' menu. Please help me on how to achieve this.

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 23, 2014

You should be able to remove the "Move" rights from issues in "Closed" status using workflow properties.

See more details at http://www.j-tricks.com/1/post/2011/02/permissions-based-on-workflow-status.html. Restrict the operation to a group of admins or an invalid group!

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2014

Nope. It is a standard functionality in JIRA. Doesn't require any plugins.

0 votes
prakash ganeshan February 24, 2014

Hi Jobin,

Thanks for your help. Does this requires J-Tricks plugin to be installed ?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 23, 2014

One trick might be to limit it - only allow "move" rights to "people who are named in a group custom field in the issues". On issue create, use a post-function to put "jira users" into the field, and on issue close, blank it out (you don't need the group on-screen at all to do this)

0 votes
Nadir MEZIANI
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 23, 2014

Hi,

You can disabled it but i think that this action will be disabled in all status issue.

Look to this link it can help you

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/88455/issue-screen-remove-more-actions

prakash ganeshan February 23, 2014

Hi Zezeto,

Thanks for your help. But is there a way I can disable only for 'Closed' state ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 23, 2014

Zezeto already said "disabled in all status", and that's correct. The permission to move issues is based on project and user, not status.

I'm not sure that there's a step property to prevent move either (there are properties to prevent comments and edits)

Suggest an answer