Disable Link on Jira issue (More -> Link)

AbrahamA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 15, 2022

Hello

When my issue is certain status I would like to disable link option from this ticket. Please let me know how this can be done.

Thanks

Abe

1 answer

0 votes
David Freitez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 15, 2022

Hi @AbrahamA

This can be done via Workflow properties by adding a property to the status that you want to remove the linking option/permission.

Enter the permission property into the Property Key field. The property is of the form - jira.permission.[subtasks.]{permission}.{type}[.suffix]

So, perhaps the property to achieve what you want would be in the way:

jira.permission.link.denied

with empty value

Personally I haven't used this permission but I have used other workflow properties on statuses, here are a few examples:

• jira.permission.comment.group=some-group
  • jira.permission.comment.denied=
  • jira.permission.edit.group.1=some-group-one
  • jira.permission.edit.group.2=some-group-two
  • jira.permission.modifyreporter.user=username
  • jira.permission.delete.projectrole=10000
  • jira.permission.subtasks.delete.projectrole=10000

Kindly review the workflow properties page and check on your Jira version and test if jira.permission.link.denied does the trick.

Regards,

David
ServiceRocket

Suggest an answer