Disable Jira Agile per project?

Bill Kepner November 24, 2013

We have Jira Agile and are slowly getting teams excited to use it. However we have one team who is moving to Jira from Bugzilla and does not want to see the "Agile - View on Board" column on the default screen. Is there anyway to disable Jira Agile on a per project basis? I realize eventually they will Love Jira Agile, but for now the PM doesn't want to distract his people.

4 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Kim Poulsen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 26, 2013

Bill, I don't think that is possible. The answer above points to people using the "Classic boards" (which will eventually go away entirely I suspect).

JiraAgile is enabled for all projects regardless if they need it or not. Hence the issue detail view also always shows the "Agile" foldable section. I have checked the configuration for the detail view and it also does not seem to be possible to remove any of these standard blocks of information from that view.

What you _can_ do is to not include the issues for this particular team in sprints. The "View on board" link is still dead but at least there will not be links to agile boards.

/Kim

3 votes
Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 25, 2013

Hi Bill

My understand is that jira agile is disabled by default and you enable it per project basis (unless you have set the switch to apply to all projects)

Have a look at this url which shows you how to restrict jira agile on project basis

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AGILE/Restricting+JIRA+Agile+to+Selected+Projects

rahul

Rinat Mulyukov October 6, 2014

This one should be marked as right answer!

Gretchen
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 10, 2015

Unfortunately that page is restricted...

0 votes
OlgaP November 17, 2015

I have no option in add-on agile configuration to choose projects according to https://confluence.atlassian.com/agile066/jira-agile-administrator-s-guide/jira-agile-classic-administration/restricting-jira-agile-to-selected-projects.

does it was revoke from last agile version ?

0 votes
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 26, 2013

Out of the box it's not possible to "disable" it for certain projects. While you can disable the Agile panel entirely via the system plugins page it's not as easy for certain projects. YOu might be able to achieve it suing some Javascript etc. to kind of hide it BUT I've gone through this process with quite some customers. My experience is to just convince them that the panel won't distract the users (or inform everyone of the missing functionality).

We have quite a few teams working agile right now and they love the board links, the rest (70%) is working on bugs and they happily ignore the panel...

Cheers Christian

Suggest an answer