Disable Issue type

Andreas Fladischer November 27, 2014

Hey. I need to disable only one special issue type of a project. Can you tell me, how i can do this? The issue type should not be deleted, it should be invisible for users. BR

3 answers

0 votes
Timothy Bassett April 27, 2021

Stunned that this issue which has been overlooked still has not been addressed.  

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2021

It's not overlooked, just not worth bothering with - Atlassian have not garnished any significant support for the idea over what they do now. 

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 28, 2014

You can't do this.

If you want rid of an issue type, then you have to remove it from the issue type scheme, either by deleting it, or by moving the project to a scheme without it.

However you remove the issue type, JIRA will force you to move all issues using that type to another one.  It can't function in a project having issue types that don't exist - it needs them for the entire structure of the system.

0 votes
Setor de TI - VN November 28, 2014

Hello, Andreas. I believe you must create a different Issue type scheme without the issue type you don't need. Then you must apply the scheme in the project, of course.

Suggest an answer