Disable Create Branch option in JIRA when using both STASH and Subversion

martin_cooper February 12, 2014

Using JIRA 6.1.6 STASH 2.10.1 Fisheye 3.2.4

Our JIRA has projects that use STASH (Git) and projects that use Fisheye / Subversion

As Application links are set up to STASH we have the Create Branch option displayed on all JIRA projects even when the JIRA project is project linked to Fisheye and its source is in SVN.

When click on the link it opens STASH and prompts the user to select a STASH repo to use. Obvioulsy this not what I want to happen but can find no way to disable this.

I cant disable the Development tools permission as still need JIRA to interact with Fisheye, SVN and Bamboo

Am I missing something or this an oversight?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 14, 2014

Hi Martin,

I'm afraid it's an oversight. Who wouldn't want to create branches? :)

In the short term you can, if you so desire, disable the entire "Atlassian JIRA - Plugins - Development Integration Plugin" plugin or the "Create Branch CTA Link Factory" module in "Manage add-ons". This will have the downside of disabling create branch for projects that might be linked to Stash.

If this becomes a problem feel free to raise an improvement.

Cheers,

Charles

martin_cooper February 16, 2014

Hi Charles - :) I love branching - but not a lot of good creating a branch in Git / Stash when my project is in SVN / Fisheye ;)

I've got a support call in on this as well as its clear the Dev Tools features assume only 1 type of VCS in use as such the Source / Commit tabs on the projects and issues, as well as this create branch feature do not work as expected when both fisheye and stash are connected to JIRA.

Disabling the whole feature is not an option as we have projects using both.

Project level configuration via the project links seems an obvious way to go here, so will pursue through support ticket and get an enhancement raised.

Thanks for reply

Martin

David Skreiner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2015

"disable the entire "Atlassian JIRA - Plugins - Development Integration Plugin" plugin or the "Create Branch CTA Link Factory" module in "Manage add-ons"" Neither of these options exist.

Mark Ryan March 3, 2016

Hi Martin

We have exactly the same issue here ... some JIRA projects use Bitbucket and some use Subversion (via Fisheye).

Did anything come of your support call to Atlassian on this? Is there a ticket to vote for?

Thx

Mark

Nathaniel Crutcher November 2, 2018

Hi David,

Under manage plugins, change the filter from "user-installed" to "Application components" or "All". "Atlassian JIRA - Plugins - Development Integration Plugin" is an "application component".

From there you'll click through to the module list and hovering over it will give you a disable (or enable) option.

Suggest an answer