Directory updated on JIRA 4.4.5

srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 12, 2013

I have a user with ID for example "testid" associated with some "abc" directory. What happens if i add user with same ID "testid" associated to different directory "bcd"?? I assume it should throw duplicate id message but instead I found the user account was overridden with new directory. Is this an expected behavior?

1 answer

0 votes
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 12, 2013

Hi Srinivas,

In fact this is something expected, when there are two users with the same username, one in each directory, JIRA will only show the user the belong to the directory listed on the top position.

Cheers

srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 12, 2013

Hi Tiago,

I found only one user with updated directory. In our case we have a user transfereed from one region to other (emea to apac)(i.e' in JIRA region is directory) so I have to change the directory of the user as his details are updated with new region in LDAP. Do you mean both the users exist in JIRA now and what happens to the user with other directory who is not shown and how to view this user?

Thanks !

srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 12, 2013

Hi Tiago,

Any update please?

Thanks..

Suggest an answer