Direct Link to Jira Comment

frank overman June 10, 2021

My company just upgraded to Jira 8.17.0 and now I seem to have lost the ability to direct link to comment

Previously I could pick up direct link to comment in browser when clicking on the ‘chain’ icon top-right in a comment

Eg: https://jira-de.asml.com/browse/ARCH-46?focusedCommentId=490535&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-490535

Now only left over is 2 buttons bottom-left (edit delete).
How to share a direct link to comment with colleague now?

Tnx!

2 answers

1 accepted

6 votes
Answer accepted
frank overman June 10, 2021

Ah, found it: the 'date' in the top of any comment now carries the URL to the comment:

sharing that URL with someone will give him/her direct access to that comment, as focussed item in a browser.

Case closed ;)

LendingTree AccountsPayable July 12, 2021

Thanks for the help here. We just updated as well and I have been searching for something on this. I personally do not feel this is as good of implementation as previous versions, but it works

toddcscar August 13, 2021

This is not intuitive.  the text of the date field provides NO visual clues that it is a link. 

Like # people like this
Azfar Masut
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 6, 2021

Agree, not intuitive at all. Sheesh

Like # people like this
0 votes
Raj Vora April 14, 2022

Suggest an answer