Differnet fields for a status

Christopher Stainczyk November 13, 2013

Hello together!

Is ist possible to select different fields in a status-screen in one issue?

Example:

Issue1 got Field A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H

In the "Create Issue" Mask Field A,B,C,D is visible, so in the Status "Open" these are visible too.

The Mask to the next status "Status B" contains Field A,B,C,D,E,F,G , but in the statusscreen of status B only fields A,B,C,D are visible.

Is there any possible to hide/unhide Fields in different status-screens?

Thanks

cheers

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 13, 2013

Not entirely sure what you mean by "mask" or "status screen", but if I understand the question correctly, the answer is a simple "no"

When you look at a Jira issue, it uses the "screen" you have selected for view in your issue type screen schemes. The fields on that screen are shown to the user. It's one screen, it doesn't look at anything like who you are, what you're doing or any of the data currently on the issue, it simply displays what's there according to that single screen.

You can use different screens for View, Edit, Create and on each transition in your workflow, but the choice of screen only depends on what the user is currently doing with the issue.

Of course, the follow up is that "you can do quite a lot with code" - the most obvious thing would be to add javascript to the screens that would show/hide fields depending on other fields. I stay well away from javascript hacks myself (fragile, hard to maintain, and I've not really done much coding with it), but I know it's possible. You might want to have a look at the behaviours addon too, which can avoid having to hand craft your own javascript and is well maintained so less fragile.

Christopher Stainczyk November 13, 2013

Hey Nic,

the advice for looking at the different screens for view, edit, create sounds intresting and could solve my problem.

thank you very much!

Suggest an answer