Differentlayout between two Jira Software Cloud accounts

chaupt November 16, 2017

Hi,

I have access to two different Jira Software Cloud accounts, they are both relatively new with one a few moths old and the other a few days. Neither has had any look or feel customisation done to it.

The layout between the two is very different and my concern is that there is a crucial difference between them. We need to chose what account to use and until I can understand why they look so different I cannot make that choice.

The older account has the menu items in a bar across the top of the page. The newer account has the menu items in a column on the left hand side.

Does anyone have any idea why this may be?

Does anyone know where I should look for this information in future to avoid bothering the community?

Thanks in advance,

Craig

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 16, 2017

Hi Craig,

This is likely that one of your accounts has already received the new Jira Experience look, and your other instance has not. 

We will be gradually rolling this out to instances in the Cloud environment.

In the future you can subscribe to our What's New page to be alerted of new changes. But we don't mind helping you here in Community, either. 

Kind Regards,
Shannon

chaupt November 16, 2017

Hi Shannon,

That answers the primary question. Thank you and thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

I did look through the What's New link before posting but given how full it was, not knowing how far back to go and not knowing if this was actually related to something new I did not find it a useful source for addressing the issue I was facing. Maybe changes like this that are gradually rolled out could be pinned somewhere?

Thanks again,

Craig

Suggest an answer