Different workflow for epics and tasks in Jira next gen

JAKE January 28, 2021

Hi, I would like to define a separate workflow for the epics in my project that is different to the workflow of tasks and stories. I found hints that it is possible in Jira in general but could not manage to do it in my environment --> Jira Cloud / next gen project.

Any help is welcome!

Thank you!

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Eoin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 25, 2021

This is available in Team managed Projects as of August 2021 :) 

Jack Pfeiffer June 29, 2022

Do you have a link that shows how to do this?

Like Arbër Pllana likes this
0 votes
Eoin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 31, 2021

@JAKE @Daniel Ebers @Pramodh M this is the feature suggestion to follow for having a dedicated workflow for epics... https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-17434 
We have a team actively working on it! 

Thanks,

Eoin

Product manager

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 31, 2021

Thank you @Eoin for the Support ticket notice. I will upvote.

Thanks,
Pramodh

JAKE January 31, 2021

Thanks @Eoin ! Looking forward to it!

Joseph Cohen June 12, 2021

@Eoin  do you know if there's any update on this matter?

Adhib R August 25, 2021

great. any update on this @Eoin ?

Eoin
Atlassian Team
August 25, 2021

It's just been made available! Let me know if you have any problems :) 

Syed Haseeb Ali October 8, 2021

Can different workflows be defined for different Epics of a same Project? 

Reason for this Feature: As each Epic can have a unique Lifecycle/Workflow. So in order to successfully manage all Epics of a Project we need this Feature.

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 28, 2021

Hi @JAKE 

A separate workflow is not available for each issue type in Next-Gen Projects

All the issue types have a single workflow here.

Please follow the documentation here for more reference

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/manage-how-work-flows-in-your-next-gen-project/

Thanks,
Pramodh

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2021

@JAKE
There is a open Sub-Task with the idea of providing the option to create workflow schemes in next-gen projects:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-19019

You could watch it's progress - unfortunately it is not directly visible from there when action is taken upon it.

Suggest an answer