Different release dates on similar screens. Bug?

Carlos Henriques December 20, 2017

Hello,

When I set a release date for a version in the Manage Versions screen:

/plugins/servlet/project-config/{MY_PROJECT}/versions

Release Date = December 20

It shows one less day in the Releases screen that you can access from the sidebar:

/projects/{MY_PROJECT}?selectedItem=com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin:release-page

Release Date = December 19

Probably some timezone conversion bug?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 20, 2017

Hi Carlos,

I found a bug ticket which describes this situation at JSWSERVER-12880: Version's date is shown one day off on agile board>versions:

1. Go to project Overview>Versions (or project Administration>Versions) and observe a release date for certain version (in my example on the screenshot1.jpg it will be 22/Jan/15)
2. Go to appropriate Agile board where this release will be represented, expand versions from the left, and observe the date of the same release

Release date will be shown one day back (in my example on the second screenshot2.jpg it will be Release Date: 21/Jan/15)

At the present the workaround is as follows:

Ensure that both "Default user time zone" and JVM timezone match

If you agree this is in fact the same issue please vote on JSWSERVER-12880 to add impact and be notified of any changes. 

Cheers,

Branden

Carlos Henriques December 21, 2017

Thank you Branden.

I believe it is the same problem and already voted for the fix.

Thank you.

somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 21, 2017

Thanks for letting us know Carlos and keep watching JSWSERVER-12880 for any updates!

Suggest an answer