Different notification configuration for each Slack user

Lars Böhnke June 6, 2017

Hey! We are using JIRA and Slack and just installed the jirabot. I configured the bot while thinking, that this configuration is only for me. Turned out, that it's a global notifiaction configuration.

Does anyone know a way how to set up a different notification configuration for each user? We have different users (product manager, engigneers, marketing persons etc.) so everyone has other needs.

I tried to set up the bot with my personal channel @lars but this did not work. Does anyone know a good solution? We are quite struggling with notification at all because email in JIRA is a mess and JIRA lacks a good notification stream.

2 answers

0 votes
Sebastien Bonami May 7, 2018

Did you find an answer to your question? I would also like to know!

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2017

notification schemes are applied the project. You can setup each notification event for different roles within the project (I prefer roles because groups often cause problems with unintentional notifications/permissions). I'm not familiar with the bot, but I suspect it will be working with the base notification scheme as a base. You may want to add additional notification events to fine tune who will be notified for what events. 

Lars Böhnke June 7, 2017

Hey Joe! Thanks for the answer. Just to be clear, I'm not talking about the JIRA email notification scheme. The bot configuration is something completely different :)

Suggest an answer