Different fields for different projects

Jill Pate June 14, 2012

I added two fields, but only need it for one of the projects.

How do I modify the Issues form to have different fields based on the project?

(This is only my second day using JIRA.)

Thank you

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 14, 2012

Screens are not the best place to start because they are one of the difficult to understand :)

Basically, there are 3 levels for screens - For a project, for an issuetype, for an issue operation!

See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA050/Defining+a+Screen where it is best explained.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 14, 2012

You do have three different ways to do this - where you can, you should try to use the same method as much as possible - keep the complexity in one place!

Field configurations - will let you show/hide the field on a project by project basis

Field contexts - much the same, except more global - this affects simple searching as well, and lets you have different options for the same fields in differen projects

Screens - probably the most complex way to do it, but also the most flexible

Suggest an answer