Different emails for reporters and watchers

Hey everyone!

I need to make different templates for ones, who is reporter of issue, and for issue watchers.

There will be only one difference between this two notifications  - in the subject.

The watcher will receive notification "Issue-1234: launch prod. you're watching this issue".

I've found default templates in our JIRA installation, but i can't find how to edit the subject field.

Regards

2 answers

Hi Karen,

The subjects of the different emails can be found in the following location:

<your JIRA installation directory>/atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/templates/email/subject

Do keep in mind that for each event that's being thrown (for example: Issue created, Issue commented,...) you can only send out one type of email to everybody who needs to be notified.

So you cannot use 2 differents subjects based on the role the receiver of the email has.

You might be able to deduct the role using some vm and JIRA related coding (if then else maybe?) in the subject .vm file

Some more information can be found here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Customizing+Email+Content

Best regards,

Peter

Maybe you can try JETI (JIRA Email This Issue - https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.metainf.jira.plugin.emailissue)
There you can make notifications and you can set the recipient. I'm still working with this add on but aleady very happy with it!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,864 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot