Different SLAs for different support levels (different service desk users)

Amy Perdiew June 9, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Setting up service desk users

Hi,

How do you set up different levels of support roles (i.e. level 1 support, level 2 support, etc.) and then can you apply different service level agreements based on the support role?

For example, a non-critical request comes in, but it requires a developer to change a piece of code, and a developer is considered Level 3 support in our organization.  Vs. A user requests a password reset for the same application.  Again, not critical, but this is solved by a Level 1 service desk technician. 

Both issues would share the same issue characteristics (issue type, urgency,  priority, same application, etc.), but the amount of energy and time it takes to fix would be very different.   I want the level 1 tech to have a shorter SLA time to respond and resolve than the developer who has to change code and possibly add the fix into a release.   

Please let me know if/how SLA's could be handled based on the support level in addition to the other usual SLA criteria (urgency, priority, impact).

Thanks,

Amy 

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Meck
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 9, 2016

Hello Amy,

Yeah! It's possible. You can setup your SLA with JQL, so if you setup a filter based on level then you will have a SLA based on level.

STEP BY STEP:

1. Click on project settings
  2. Click on SLA
  3. Setup your Goals

image2016-6-9 17:5:43.png

I think you looking for a filter like this...

level = 1 and priority = high and type = incident

Best Regards,

Lameck.

1 vote
Amy Perdiew June 9, 2016

So would level be a user defined field or is it in JIRA SD and I missed it somehow?

Meck
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 9, 2016

You will need create a custom field to level. 

Amy Perdiew June 9, 2016

thanks!  Just wanted to make sure that I wasn't missing something obvious.  

Meck
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 9, 2016

You're welcome. laugh 

Suggest an answer