Different Queues for different clients

Andrew Walter June 6, 2016

Hi There

I am currently Trialing JIRA Service desk. I have created a service desk project. If we have different teams for different issues eg. Applications and data services teams and IT Support Teams how do i go about creating different Queues for these teams so that when i triage a ticket i include the team and on top of that how do i associate the ticket to certain clients? 

So 2 ticket comes into the service desk and they are both from different clients and 1 needs to go to the data services Queue and they need to know which client it has come from and the other ticket needs to go to the IT support/Infrastructure team and they need to know which client. How can i triage those? Do i need to create different service desk projects for those different Teams? How does that effect SLA's when moving between different service desk projects if that is the case?

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Meck
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 6, 2016

Hi Andrew, 

I have used only service desk project for all my clients. And I segregate the services with components, and for tickets I create a custom field 'Company' and setup the values with the names of the customer's company. Also I have used the kanban board to manage better, but you can setup the queues too.

But, you can create two or more services desks too.

Regards,

Lameck.

Suggest an answer