Different Create Issue screen per project?

Marvin Sanders June 29, 2013
I feel silly because there must be a way, but after several hours of working with Screen Schemes I can't figure it out. How do I set things up so that if User A wants to create an issue in Project A they see one screen setup, but if User B creates an issue in Project B they see a different screen setup? I can create different screens, but so far I can only assign them as "one size fits all" -- in other words, every Create Issue operation calls the same screen for all projects. Thanks for any help!

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 29, 2013

You can't do "screen per user", it's "screen per project" (and actually, issue type). You're in the right place though - the screen schemes control this.

• So, assuming you have screen 1 and screen 2 that you want to use for creating issues...
  • Create two screen schemes. One should say "for create screen, use screen 1" and the second should say "for create screen, use screen 2"
  • Next, create two "issue type screen schemes". The first one should say "for all issue types, use the first screen scheme created earlier" and the second, "for all issue types, use the second screen scheme"
  • Finally, go into project A, and, as an admin, tell it to use the first "issue type screen scheme", and for project B, use the other.

That will get you the basic separation of screens you need.

0 votes
Marvin Sanders June 29, 2013
Yesss. Thanks so much! I was falling down on the final step. I assumed there was some kind of matrix in general admin to make this assignment rather than knowing that I had to associate from within the project.

Suggest an answer