Difference between local and AD users as Jira system administrators

Vladislav Pavlovic September 11, 2013

In our Jira setup we have one local user and few AD users that are part of group with JIRA System Administrators Permissions. We noticed that AD users as administrators have less permissions then local Jira user.

Is that normal behaviour? If it is, can it be changed?

7 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Vladislav Pavlovic September 26, 2013

It was a misunderstanding. I have found no more differencies.

0 votes
Bruna Griebeler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2013

Well a Jira Admin that comes from LDAP will have less permissions regarding User Managment. It will not be able to change the LDAP directory, since he is part of it.

What other differences have you noticed? Something missing on the Jira Admin panel maybe?

0 votes
Vladislav Pavlovic September 24, 2013

No more differences has been found.

0 votes
Vladislav Pavlovic September 18, 2013

I am sorry for delay.

It was misunderstanding with my colleagues.

Yes, there is a difference: you can't edit AD user directory when you are logged in via AD. Jira gives warning about this and that is a rule. I haven't found any other difference.

0 votes
Raffaele Verre September 11, 2013

No, is not a normal behaviour ... check the local user group

0 votes
Florin Manaila
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 11, 2013

Perhaps it would help to know what permissions are they missing and how are those permissions granted (to whom)?

0 votes
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 11, 2013

Are they all execatly in the same groups, roles etc.? Other than that there shouldn't be a difference...

Suggest an answer