Difference between Zephyr for Jira and Zephyr Enterprise

Arshad Mohamed June 18, 2013

Hi All,

I am eager to have a brief list of cans and cants of Zephyr for Jira and Zephyr Enterprise.

Thanks very much :)

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Chris Miller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 18, 2013

Hi Arshad,

For a bullet list prepped by our company, head here: http://www.getzephyr.com/buy/index.php

If you are in a hurry, here's a bullet list I've written directly compairing them for JIRA users like yourself:

ZEE 4.1 Can:

• Enterprise Class system that can hold hundreds of thousands of testcases, utilizing a folder directory for testcase organization
  • Supports easy testcase reuse across projects/releases via drag and drop
  • Testcase Assignment (both by individual or by project group)
  • Traceability reports (requirements -> testcases -> testcase assignments/executions -> defects)
  • 21 Metrics (equivelent of JIRA Gadgets), including some JIRA data
  • You can export all testing data anywhere into Excel, PDF, Word or HTML
  • Import Excel testcases
  • Full search capabilities
  • Import any JIRA issue as a read-only Zephyr Requirement to map to testcases
  • Can integrate with JIRA's defect tracking system so that a Tester doesn't have to switch tools. Abilities include create, update, search, all while using that user's JIRA permissions.
  • Integrates with JIRA On-Demand and JIRA On-Premise via JIRA APIs, no syncronization or duplication of data.
  • Automation integration with APIs and a Zbot/ZIP scenario which kicks off any automation script via a command-line argument.
  • Can be hosted by us or on-premise
  • Unlimited Custom Fields
  • Push technology, so everything is always up to date.

ZFJ 1.7 Can:

• Sits inside JIRA On-Premise, so no second tool testmanagement tool
  • Testcases are native JIRA issues, can be linked to userstories, requirements, defects
  • Gadgets for reporting inside JIRA
  • Plan and Execute test cycles
  • Import Excel and XML testcases
  • Integrate with Bonfire

ZEE 4.1 limitations:

• It isn't inside JIRA. It's a seperate tool. Testers can do most of their activities inside Zephyr. But every once in a while they may need to hop over to JIRA.

ZFJ 1.7 limitations:

• Doesn't publically supported automation integration via APIs
  • Doesn't offer easy testcase reuse across projects
  • Doesn't offer testcase assigments
  • Doesn't deploy in JIRA-OnDemand

And finally, there is a price difference. Generally speaking, ZEE is more than ZFJ.

And no matter which product you go with, you're going to get a test management from Zephyr. We have a long and established relationship with Atlassian.

Kind Regards,

Chris

Monica Sanchez August 9, 2017

Do you have the same information for latest releases?

Thank you

Monica

Andrzej Andrejew April 5, 2018

Joining Monica's question, could you please give some updated information on that topic?

Thanks,

Andrew

matthew a dover April 25, 2018

Is it possible to just buy Zephyr Enterprise without JIRA

0 votes
Himanshu Tyagi January 11, 2019

Hi Arun,

I wanted to know if Zephyr for Jira has the capability to run manual tests and also testcase reuse functionality

0 votes
Arun_Thundyill_Saseendran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 31, 2018

For a detailed comparison you can please read the white paper available  at  https://www.atlassian.com/dam/jcr:56fded1e-64bd-4142-a361-be7cfd1e94af/Zephyr%20White%20Paper.pdf

The whitepaper is detailed, presentable and given a feature by feature comparison between Zephyr Enterprise, Zephyr for JIRA Server and Zephyr for JIRA Cloud

- Arun

Wayne Kelly August 22, 2018

Hi Arun,

thanks for your comment above. However, the feature comparison is for versions 4.x

Can you please advise if the ZFJ limitation "Doesn't offer easy testcase reuse across projects" has been resolved.

This is a key factor in determining which option to evaluate as ideally I want to create a master test suite from which I can drag and drop into projects as required.

Thanks

Wayne

Arun_Thundyill_Saseendran
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 27, 2018

Hi @Wayne Kelly

The answer is No. I recently had a conversation with the Zephyr support team. They apologized for 4.0 not being available by early May as promised by them. And they have given a word where the feature would be available with the release in the second week of September.

- Arun

0 votes
didier waegemans April 12, 2016

Hello,

I've noticed there's the possibility to create a traceablility matrix in Zephyr for Jira, BUT can we also have the possibility to measure coverage on a requirements level? (within the tool without having to export to excel)

As I understand we have to add an manual link between the requirement and each testcase. This is not really userfriendly. Are there any other ways of doing this, maybe in the enterprise version?

Kind regards,

Didier

0 votes
Arshad Mohamed June 19, 2013

Hi Chris,

Thanks very much for your informative response. Much appreciated :)

Suggest an answer