Difference between Jira , QC, Bug Zilla, TestTrac Pro

Harish March 10, 2013

Hi Team,

We need to know the difference between Jira , QC, Bug Zilla, TestTrac Pro and any other Tracking tool.

Can we achieve all the funtionalities in QC, Bugzilla, TestTrac in Jira?

Are there any particular feature of one of these tools that can be accomadated by other tools.

Thanks,

Harish.

1 answer

3 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 10, 2013

That's a question that is only answerable with a string of long complex essays written by advanced users of all the software, not just Jira.

The short answer is "mostly, but not entirely", and really, "you should be using the tools that work best for you" anyway, which we can't answer because we don't know what you're doing with them, or what you want to do.

I'd suggest you think about what you need and then evaluate each tool to see if it does it in a way that you want it to.

If you've got specific needs that you aren't sure about, then ask here about how Jira might cover them

Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 10, 2013

yeap, my favourite part is " the difference between Jira , [....] and any other Tracking tool.". I wanted to be a bit sarcastic, but then I stopped ....

Suggest an answer