Difference between Issue History and Issue Activity?

Hooda Abdullah April 9, 2014

I have integrated Jira with Zephyr. When I remove links between test cases and issues then this appears in the History tab but not in the Activity tab. Why? What is the difefrence between these two tabs on an issue? Note that I was not the assignee of the issue when I removed the link, is this significant?

Thanks,

1 answer

0 votes
Emily Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 29, 2014

Hi Hooda,

I believe we have talks about this in an email through Zephyr support since this was regarding our Zephyr Enterprise product. Since we have done so we just want to make sure your questions were answered. Please let us know if they have not been.

Kind Regards,

Emily

Hooda Abdullah August 3, 2014

Hi Emily.

I cannot find any information on this query. Looking at the issue again, I can show that different activities get logged in different place (History tab or Activity tab) but that the All tab shows the superset of all activity so I guess it is not a serious issue. It would be good to have an explanation of the logic though :-)

For example adding a comment to a defect in Zephyr is not shown in the Jira issue Activity history tab

Removing the link between test case and defect in Zephyr is not shown in the Jira Issue activity tab

Hooda

Suggest an answer