Difference between Growing teams and Enterpise teams options

PINTEUR Clément June 7, 2016

Hi,

Our company currently have an Enterprise teams licence for JIRA Software. So we have to renew the licence every year.

I recently saw the one-time payment option for growing teams.

Aside from the cost, I would like to know what will be the differences if we decide to change from our current licence mode to this one?

According to the FAQ part, I would assume that the main difference is about support and maintenance?

Regards.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2016

I'm afraid "growing teams" is just the description for "you fall into the middling tiers for number of users"

The licence model doesn't change - if you want to maintain support and upgrade access for JIRA Software, you will need to renew every year. 

The "one time payment" means the same at all user tiers - you get a year of support and upgrade, and you can continue to use JIRA Software after it expires, unsupported and without upgrades.

Thanks for your answer @Nic Brough [Adaptavist].

I have other questions.

With the "one time payment" option, I saw that you can subscribe to a longer support duration. But

1. Are you able to renew the support at the end of this period?
  2. If the answer is yes, does the half-price discount that applies to licences works?
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2016

Yes, you're always able to renew support, and yes, a renewal is always the 1/2 price.

The only time you don't get the 1/2 renewal is when you let your licence lapse for a while - then you need to get a full new licence.

To fully clarify my question about the half-price discount, does it apply to the renewal of the one-time payment support option ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 7, 2016

Yes, you're always able to renew support, and yes, a renewal is always the 1/2 price.

Ok, thanks again for your time and the precise answers.

Suggest an answer