Did the process of deleting a page just change?

Micheal Planck January 27, 2021

I went to delete a page today. I got a completely different dialog box than yesterday.

Is this because Atlassian changed the service?

Or is it because I linked a JIRA project to my Confluence project, and now everything is just different because the context changed slightly?

How would I know the difference?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2021

Hi @Micheal Planck 

Please confirm if you are getting this dialogue box when you are deleting the page

Delete Page.png

Yes, exactly.

I am positive that's not what happened yesterday, though.

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2021

Linking pages to Jira doesnot effect in change in dialogue boxes, they may have changed how the dialogue box appears when we delete the page.

How would I know?

Is there someplace where they tell us what they changed today?

Or do we just log on every day and prepare to be surprised by what our enterprise software does today? I mean, this is pretty consistent with Atlassian's Easter Egg Hunt user experience, so... I guess so?

It's better than what I remember; having the page change to some weird text and having to click an OK button is worse than this dialog.

I kinda just wanted to know I wasn't imagining things. If I wanted to be gas-lit, I'd go to a political news site, you know?

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 27, 2021

Don't go to the political site, please follow this link here

https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/blog/2021/01/atlassian-cloud-changes-jan-18-to-jan-25-2021#AtlassianCloudchangesJan18toJan25,2021-confluence

(https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/blog)

They have specified what changes are rolling out :-)

Delete Page Confirmation.png

Thanks,
Pramodh

Like Micheal Planck likes this

OK... that does mention:

Delete pages and blogs with confidence
ROLLING OUT

Since deleting pages and blogs is an important decision, the experience has been updated to help you feel more confident. You’ll get more specific information about what will happen to the children of the page being deleted. A link to our product documentation was added to let you dig deeper into the details of the behavior. If your site provides the ability to archive pages, you’ll be presented with the opportunity to archive instead.

and it says it is Rolling out, so it could happen anytime between Jan 18 and 25th. (Yesterday was the 26th.)

To be honest: this is both largely useless and yet still more than I expected from Atlassian. Thanks!

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 27, 2021

Time Zone difference I think :-)

It says 27th in the Community forum. But in India its 28th

I am in Australia, so it's the 28th for me too.

The point is that yesterday was after the 25th no matter where you are in the world. :)

But hey, Atlassian being off by a day isn't even noticeable. I keep researching bugs and finding references to them years ago, with still no resolution in sight.

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 27, 2021

Yes definitely, Everyone tries to make the software better and so does Atlassian :-)

Um. Actually, the point is that Atlassian doesn't try to make it better. In fact, as far as I can tell by reading the history of these bugs, they actively make it worse. The Cloud version (which is their path forward) loses many of the features of the Server version. And the Cloud version is terrible.

I could literally write pages of bug reports. And I've been using Confluence for three days. There are so many places where it is obvious they have done no testing at all. Features that produce undesirable or even unworkable results in their default setting.

Just one example: Add a /Child Display to a page with two or more children. Select H1 as the heading style. Explain to me why that scroll bar appears. Then explain why it disappears when you select H3.

Confluence Cloud is a content formatter written by people who cannot see format.

JIRA Cloud is counter-intuitive and painful to use (and worse than the Server version), but it doesn't seem bug-ridden.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events