Did the inline editor function get removed for updating estimates in the Scope view in Portfolio 2.0

Rita Lewitt November 3, 2016

We were reviewing version 2.0.8 prior to moving to version 2.1 in our UAT environment and I really liked the inline editor to be able to update certain fields like estimates and story points.  Then we upgraded to 2.1 and it appears the ability to update the estimates has been deactivated.  Is there something I need to do to turn this back on?  Was it removed in the new version?  If so will it be coming back?  This was really helpful for quick updates while performing reviews with the team.

1 answer

2 votes
Rita Lewitt November 4, 2016

We reviewed several layers of permissions and nothing seem to give me the authority that my JIRA admin had even when I was provided the highest permission levels. 

Then we moved me from IE to Chrome and it all worked fine.  So something in the last release stopped this function from working in IE. 

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 8, 2016

Thanks for posting the solution! smile

Rita Lewitt November 8, 2016

My pleasure Steven. 

One more thing, Atlassian responded to my inquiry in a ticket and they found if you click to the immediate left of the box you want to update, the box will open for editing.  This is a work around in IE until they are able to fix it permanently.

Suggest an answer