Dialog to put comment with an attached files

GINes MMX November 20, 2015

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Attaching files and screenshots to issues

Where is old dialog to put comment with an attached files? Now have to do two actions to add files and then comments ... very inconvenient (

1 answer

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 20, 2015

The "Dialog" you maybe referring to here is called a Transition Screen on which the "Attachment" is one of the fields included, it's one of the other way to add an attachment than what you are referring too.

GINes MMX November 20, 2015

I mean already existing issue when I need to post some file and add comment to it. In older Jira versions you could do that via special window where fields for attachments and comment have been placed by default. But now in v7 after choosing More->Attach Files you just can choose one or more files. Is there a way to activate old window? Could a "Transition Screen" help me in this case?

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 23, 2015

Yes, that's what I am referring to :)

A Griepenburg February 5, 2016

I believe this is the same issue as I've just posted. That comment field on file upload was a real time saver and a very simple way to add thumbnails into comments. I too would love a way to have the old window back with the ability to cut and paste file names as well as add a comment. This is a huge slowdown for something I do throughout my workday. 

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/35781526 

Suggest an answer