Dialog boxes do not close

Colin Tisdall July 11, 2012

When attempting to update any part of an issue, for example assigning the issue to another user the progress bar spins but does not stop. If I close the page and refresh the main page everything will be fine but there is not idea of when the user can safely close the window without disrupting something in the process.

Of note this morning I upgraded to 5.1 from 5.04

Attached is a screen shot of one of the dialogs windows that stays open. Note all dialogs windows tested stay open.

10 answers

3 votes
Vytautas Petrauskas July 16, 2012

I did solve the problem by disabling all addons (Administration --> Plugins --> enable safe Plugin Safe mode). This solved the problems i was having, so i disabled safe mode and started disabling all plugins one by one. This way i found out that Gantt-Chart Project plugin was causing all the problems, even though it was updated to the latest version, so i had to disable it.

Hope it helps somebody :)

Tommy Sanchez July 16, 2012

Thank you so much! That solved it for me. It was the Gantt-Chart plugin. Once I disabled that, everything started working as it should.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 16, 2012

Well spotted! Did you report this to the developers of the Gantt-Chart plugin?

Stefan Krooshof July 16, 2012

Solved by disabling the aforementioned plugin. Thank you very much.

Sent word to developer of the plugin.

Damantha Boteju July 19, 2012

Thank you! It was the Gantt Project Plugin for me as well.

Damantha Boteju July 19, 2012

I've raised the following issue with the developer:

https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/browse/JRAGANTT-457

0 votes
Yves YANG
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 20, 2012

Now, the version 2.1.6 is available.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 20, 2012

Folks, the authors of the plugin have this logged:

This bug is already reported and valided:

https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/browse/JRAGANTT-456

It is fixed in our source base. The fix will be available in 2.1.6.

Sorry, for this inconvenience.

Yves YANG By Yves YANG (91 karma) on Jul 20 at 11:52 a.m.
0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 16, 2012

Yes, so do I, this does sound like one for Atlassian - at the very least, you'll need help with the debugging and there's obviously more than a one-off problem here!

0 votes
Tommy Sanchez July 16, 2012

We're having these same issues, both with dialogs not closing, and with the inline editing generating the above "Communications Breakdown" error.

With regard to the inline editing error, I took a look at the logs and noticed a Server 500 error that says:

http-8080-7 ERROR      [500ErrorPage.jsp] Exception caught in 500 page Project isn't found: null
java.lang.RuntimeException: Project isn't found: null

I hope someone finds an answer to this...it's a big problem!

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 15, 2012

Have any of you

1. Read your log files to see if there is an error in there

2. Raised this with Atlassian?

Stefan Krooshof July 15, 2012

I did raise an issue on Atlassian Support. I cannot access the log file from here, but Hercules Support Bot does not find any related issues.

Vytautas Petrauskas July 15, 2012

I haven't found anything ralated to this issue in my log files.

I already reported this to Atlassian, but haven't received an answer yet.

Do you have any idea what could be causing this?

0 votes
Vytautas Petrauskas July 15, 2012

We're having the same issue

0 votes
Stefan Krooshof July 12, 2012

Same, plus I get this error when inline editing.

0 votes
Stefan Krooshof July 12, 2012

0 votes
Paul Roorda July 12, 2012

Experience the issue as well..

Suggest an answer