Development (JIRA): How to get current project object?

wajdhaikal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 29, 2012

Hi All,

I know that Issue.GetProjectObject() , returns the project the issue relates to, but in create issue screen, the issue context is not null but I can not get the ProjectObject?

Im programming a control behavior and need to know at create stage what is the current project the create is for.

Thanks

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 29, 2012

You can get the project id from ActionContext like this:

(String[]) ids = ActionContext.getParameters().get("pid");
String pid = ids[0];

And then use the id to get the project object.

wajdhaikal
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 2, 2012

done I have the ID, but how to get the project key ? the object it self?

Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 2, 2012

ComponentManager().getInstance().getProjectManager().getProjectObj(Long Id); this will return the project.

You will have to cast your pid into long and pass as a parameter to the above method . You can refer the api docs .

1 vote
Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 29, 2012

Hi ,

Try the below code it might help

import org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericValue  
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.Issue;

GenericValue project = issue.getProject()

I have used this in one of my postfunction which works before the issue is created .

Sarika Dalal
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2017

Hii Mizan ,

Thanks it is working for me

0 votes
Apurva Gokani April 2, 2019
ProjectActionSupport projectSupport = new ProjectActionSupport();
Project currentProject = projectManager.getProjectObj(projectSupport.getSelectedProjectId());
System.out.println("The Name For Current Project: " + currentProject.getName());
0 votes
Kannan S February 3, 2014

The JiraWebActionSupport.java has a method called

getSelectedProjectObject()

So if your java program extends this action, simply call this method like

Project project = getSelectedProjectObject();

which will give you the last accessed project.

Suggest an answer