Developers can't access Agile Boards

John Davidge September 7, 2017

I've just set up a new board in jira and NONE of the developers can see the board when they select View All Boards.

I've set the share filter for the board to be shared with everyone with permission to browse the shared project

The Developers all have permission to browse the shared project.

I even created a new Developer group and added the group to the share filter for the board.

Yet no one except for Admins can see this new board.

If I copy the board URL and have a developer click the link, they can view the board after dismissing an error that says they don't have permission to view the board...

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 11, 2017

What happens if you provide the specific JQL filter to these users?  Are they able to visit this filter and see search results in JIRA in the issue navigator?   Or do they see an error message there of some sort?

I would be interested to see if the number of issues returned from these users viewing that filter is the same number of issues an Admin sees listed when viewing this same filter.

My concern here is to learn more about the specific JQL filter you have for this board.   If you could post it here, it might help eliminate some possible causes.   I am curious to find out if perhaps the JQL filter is using a special field in JIRA that might have some level of access control or security control that these users are unable to see the values for that field (even after you share the filter itself with them).   That's the only thing I can think of as to why these users would see that kind of error, but JIRA Admins see this just fine.  

Suggest an answer