Developers are received too many emails from bugs, possible to edit the frequency/type of notifications they receive?

CaptainJonesy June 29, 2014

Under user managment settings on Jira on-demand, I'm sure that you were able to edit/tweak the type of emails/notifications per user and watchers of bugs would receive but recently the options/interface has changed within user management.

Just wondering where do you now go to configure such settings?

Thank you for your time and assistance on this matter.

Chris

6 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 30, 2014
0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 30, 2014

It isn't under user management. You build the notification schemes in their own area and then assign them to a project.

0 votes
CaptainJonesy June 30, 2014

OK that makes sense, so how would JIRA administrator go around doing this? When i'm logged into the admin account and go under "User Management" you can change the groups that users/members are assigned to but nothing about email noifications. Could you advise please?

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 29, 2014

That type of notification is controlled by the notification scheme and can't be tailored by the user. If the assignee is set to receive notifications for comments and edits they will receive them for all comments and edits. An individual can't say "I don't want edits, just comments" All assignees are treated the same. The notification scheme is controlled by the JIRA administrator. However, different projects can have different notification schemes.

0 votes
CaptainJonesy June 29, 2014

Thanks Joe for your input, whats about any people updates/comments? For an example, Tester has written and assigned me a bug and I receive emails for every change on the bug. How would I change it so that I only receive emails for comments on the bug rather each edit/change on the bug?

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 29, 2014

That is controlled in the Notification Scheme. I don't know what the default is for OnDemand or your setting, but users can turn off notifications for their own updates in their profile.

Suggest an answer