Determining number of agents in Jira Service Management

Jim Stewart December 10, 2020

The system is telling us we have 96/100 agents. I doubt we have that many so it's possible we made people agents who shouldn't be. How can I determine who these 96 are?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 10, 2020

Go to the admin area and click on User management. In the Users screen select JSM as the product and you should see the list of users with JSM license. I suspect you have the default set to give new users JSM access which you should disable. You will need to edit all JSM users and deactivate those you don’t want/need to have access. 

Jim Stewart December 10, 2020

Hmm. Yes, I had been looking at that but I think I was looking for the word 'agent.' So effectively, all those people are now considered agents by JSM? And I suspect that an agent is only anyone who will be assigned or handle a ticket in some way. But the people who come in from the portal - the users - are not. All true? 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 10, 2020

Correct. Portal only users are Customers and not licensed. They will show under User management > JSM. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events