Deteremine Active Users

We are trying to determine all our Active Jira and Confluence users. It would be nice if we could filter users on Login Details and/or export the results to Excel. This would simplify managing our users, until that is an option I was wondering how are others determining Active/Inactive users?

3 answers

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
3 votes

Hi Bruce,

You can run the query below in your Confluence database to list all the active user in Confluence.

SELECT
o.list_index,
d.active,
d.id as DirectoryID,
d.directory_name,
d.directory_type,
u.id as UserID,
u.user_name
FROM
cwd_user u
JOIN cwd_directory d
ON
u.directory_id = d.id
JOIN cwd_app_dir_mapping o
ON
d.id=o.directory_id
ORDER BY 2 DESC, 1 ASC;

For the sql query to list all the active user in JIRA, you can follow this KB https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/How+to+Get+a+List+of+Active+Users+Counting+Towards+the+JIRA+License.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Jing Hwa

Our Jira (4.2.3) instance does not have the cwd_user table and in Confluence (3.4.9) it is an empty table.

Thanks for your help!

Hi Bruce,

Sorry, I din't know that you're using Confluence 3.4. You should run this two query to find the internal/external user with the group associations for Confluence.

select e.name, g.groupname from external_entities e
left join external_members m on e.id=m.extentityid
left join groups g on m.groupid=g.id
order by e.name;

select u.name, g.groupname from users u
left join local_members m on u.id=m.userid
left join groups g on m.groupid=g.id
order by u.name;

I'm not well verse with JIRA but you can find the list of available user by going to the Administrator >> User then filter users under the group jira-users. This should list the active user.

I used the FireFox TableTools plugin to filter all inactive users and copy them as tab delimited text to report on.

Thanks everyone for all your suggestions.

The last login time is there in the database tables. Also I guess marketplace has plugins which can automatically deactivate users.

My cwd_user_attribute table is also empty.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 25, 2018 in Jira

Atlassian Research Workshop opportunity on Sep. 28th in Austin, TX

We're looking for participants for a workshop at Atlassian! We need Jira admins who have interesting custom workflows, issue views, or boards. Think you have a story to sha...

450 views 7 5
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you