Design a screen having multiple input fields for one custom field.

dhaval soni
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 16, 2013

Hi,

Can we design a screen which allows to add multiple values for a field and it looks like form as below example:

APR-2011 (Editable select Month-Year )

APR-2012 (Next Year then field(1,2) year (not allow to use for edit))

APR-2013 (add 2 years in field(1,2) year (viewable))

APR-2014 (add 3 years in field(1,2) year (viewable))

Total

FieldLabel1

<Input value> (number value)

<Total value of input number values>

FieldLabel2

FieldLabel3

(table border is added just for refernece to distribuguish fields)
Please let me know how it could be achievable or any alternative approach.

Thanks

Dhaval Soni

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 16, 2013

That looks like a standard multi-select field to me. Could you explain further? Why won't a multi-select field do the job?

dhaval soni
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 16, 2013

Please see updated question, have added details how i need.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 16, 2013

Ah, that's better.

No, Jira doesn't have anything like this, and it's quite a complex requirement. You CAN of course, write something to do it, but I'm not aware of any plugins that come anywhere close to that.

dhaval soni
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 16, 2013

can you suggest me any custom field development plugin which i can take reference to create this. I think, here i might have to use "AbstractMultiSettableCFType" custom field plugin. its better if you can share any documentation link or example link have "AbstractMultiSettableCFType" plugin.

i found below one.. (but better if any MultiSettableCFType).

https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/Creating+a+Custom+Field+in+JIRA#CreatingaCustomFieldinJIRA-Step1.CreatethePluginProject</span<>>

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 16, 2013

I think that's the closest you are going to get - it's there to support multiple value selections in a single field. Anything more complex (like your requirement) could use it as a starting point, but you've got a lot of complexity there that simply isn't in Jira.

Suggest an answer