Dependent Counter Scripted Field not displayed as custom field in issue

sharma-shweta September 23, 2013

I was tesing out some examples for Dependent Counter fields in JIRA from https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GRV/Scripted+Fields#ScriptedFields-QuickStartforExperimenting. I copy pasted some scripts into the scripted field column and saved it.

But the dependent counter custom field doesnt appear on my issue page.

Am I missing out on some step?

4 answers

0 votes
Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 29, 2013

hello Shweta,

you are getting count as 1 because you are checking for number of link types with name Cloners in your jira. Probably it always return 1

As prasad suggested, you need to get links from the issue as

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor;
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.link.IssueLinkManager;
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.link.IssueLink;

IssueLinkManager issueLinkManager = ComponentAccessor.getIssueLinkManager();

List<IssueLink> issueInwardLinksList = issueLinkManager.getInwardLinks(issue.getId());

int inCount=0;

for(IssueLink issueLink : issueInwardLinksList)
{	
	if(issueLink != null && issueLink.getIssueLinkType().getName().equals("Cloners"))
	{	
		++inCount;
	}	
}

List<IssueLink> issueOutwardLinksList = issueLinkManager.getOutwardLinks(issue.getId());

int outCount=0;

for(IssueLink issueLink : issueOutwardLinksList)
{	
	if(issueLink != null && issueLink.getIssueLinkType().getName().equals("Cloners"))
	{	
		++outCount;
	}	
}
int totalCount=inCount+outCount;
return totalCount;

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2013
0 votes
sharma-shweta September 24, 2013

Hi Jamie,

Yea you are right, I hadnt linked it with the screen..

Thanks!

I was trying to get this script to run but its not displaying the right value. I want to display the number of cloned links in a issue. BUt when I run this script I always get 1.

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor

import com.atlassian.jira.issue.link.IssueLinkType

import com.atlassian.jira.issue.link.IssueLinkTypeManager

ComponentAccessor componentAccessor= ComponentAccessor.newInstance()

Collection<IssueLinkType> issueLinkTypes=componentAccessor.getComponentOfType(IssueLinkTypeManager.class).getIssueLinkTypes();

count = 0;

for (IssueLinkType linktype : issueLinkTypes) {

String name=linktype.getName();

if(name.equals("Cloners")){

count++;

}

}

return count;

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 23, 2013

Have you associated it with the issue type? Is it on the view issue screen? Check with the "where's my field" thing.

Also check the logs to make sure it's not failing.

Suggest an answer