Dependency Error when try to inject ActiveObject to plugin class constructor

zhenming shen March 15, 2016

I tried to inject ActiveObject into the constructor of my plugin class. Build succeed, but throughs run-time error as follows:

• [c.atlassian.ozymandias.SafePluginPointAccess] Unable to run plugin code because of 'com.atlassian.util.concurrent.LazyReference$InitializationException - org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error creating bean with name 'linkedin.commits.tabpanels.CommitsIssueTabPanel': Unsatisfied dependency expressed through constructor argument with index 0 of type [com.atlassian.activeobjects.external.ActiveObjects]: : No qualifying bean of type [com.atlassian.activeobjects.external.ActiveObjects] found for dependency: expected at least 1 bean which qualifies as autowire candidate for this dependency. Dependency annotations: {}; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.NoSuchBeanDefinitionException: No qualifying bean of type [com.atlassian.activeobjects.external.ActiveObjects] found for dependency: expected at least 1 bean which qualifies as autowire candidate for this dependency. Dependency annotations: {}'

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
zhenming shen March 15, 2016

I solved the problem with following 2 step

1. Add @Scanned annotation for the plugin class
  2. Add @ComponentImport annotation for the plugin class constructor

Notice: No need to add <component-import> section in atlassian-plugin.xml

0 votes
Unknown Name May 23, 2017

i was having this issue when I was running the unit tests. 

Basically, i was using Spring Junit runner to run my tests and had a test application context taht was doing a scan for all annotations.

I ended up excluding the classes injecting AO from the component scan as I will be using ActiveObect test runner to run unit tests for these classes. 

Suggest an answer