Deny issue creation of a defined subtype

andrea s. May 16, 2012

I need to deny creation issues of a defined subtype, mantaining previous closed issues live.

How could I do it ?

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 17, 2012

Put a validator that prevents creation. To stop people entering the form fields do a big velocity-processed custom field for edit that says "stop, you won't be able to save".

Or write some javascript that removes the type from the create subtask screen.

Alexander Richter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 12, 2016

could you give a example for the javascript and where to paste it?

0 votes
Adolfo Casari
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 17, 2012

I would modify the Issue schema the project is based on. Delete that particular issue type from that schema. If you have many projects sharing the same issue schema, copy it to a new one and apply it to that specific project instead.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2012

Mmm, that won't solve the problem - the old closed issues will have to change type when their current type is dropped from the scheme.

Suggest an answer