Deny fields editing from View screen

test test January 24, 2013

Hi,

I'm looking around to try prevent issue fields editing from View screen, and being able to adit any information from only Edit screen.

Is that possible?

Thank in advance.

4 answers

1 vote
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2013
Remove those fields from edit screen and define a transition for editing
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2013
I meant this way you can selectively decide which one to allow inline editing
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 24, 2013

i just tried a different way..

copied the defaults project screen > "project screen 4 edit" and removed fields from there i don't want to be availabe for inline editing (summary, description)

in screen schemes i associated this new screen to the "Edit Issue" Option...

result i a little bit confusing..

if i open an issue inside this project the first seconds i hoover the mouse on summary i will be offered to change the content of summary. if i move the curser away from summary and back i get "Inline edit disabled."

what is this depending on? window refresh will make editing available again on first mouse hoover.

can anyone confirm this?

UPDATE: forget about my comment...

1 vote
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 24, 2013

JIRA administrators can disable this feature by switching the Inline edit option to OFF through the General Configuration page

0 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 24, 2013

Just disable the inline edit option, than you won't be able to edit in the view screen.

test test January 24, 2013

Thank you all, this saved me time.

0 votes
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 24, 2013

hi xeniya.

i think your idea is not possible atm.

if you wish to set some fields to read-only you could use the "behavior plugin"

AFAIK this will only affect the Edit Screen.

editing on the View Screen comes by the enabled "Inline Edit" function...and i believe there is no way to set fields read-only on that one (maybe some jscripting but thats a quick&dirty solution)

Suggest an answer